Thursday 27 October 2016

Thursday

Dear Lucy:

    I have heard that you have been having a hard time looking for a job recently. There is a really good video that I want to introduce to you.  It helped and encouraged me after I watched it. I think this video will do the same job to you. In this video, the speaker mentioned two types of candidates during the hiring process; one is silver spoon and the other is scrapper. The silver spoon is the one who has advantages and is destined for success. Conversely, the scrapper is the one who has to fight against numbers of difficulties to reach the goals. I think we are the scrappers right now. I know how frustrated you are at this moment, because I have the same feeling as you. However, this video tells you that a lot of companies like to hire the scrappers instead of the silver spoons. There are some examples that the speaker talks about. The first one is Steve Jobs who was given away by his parents; he never finished college. He changed his job a lot and he had dyslexia, but he is a very successful man right now. Another example that the speaker mentioned is herself.  Her father had health issue; her family was very poor. She started her career as a scrapper but she is a human resource manager right now. Lucy, I think you must be very excited about this video since you read up to here. This speech gives me so much confidence and allows me understand that we – as the scrappers have a lot of potential. As long as we insist, we will succeed finally. Lucy, my dear friend, don’t underestimated yourself, and look at the good side of adversity. Let‘s encourage each other. Let’s believe in ourselves. Have a look at this video. You will find your hope in future.

All the best,

Your dear friend Monique 

1 comment: